Speakeasy at the Back Door for the famous banned PINK COOKIE recipe
Ingredients For the banned Cookie and Pink Frosting Recipe:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup Crisco
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 large eggs - (1 egg and 1 egg white)
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons heavy cream
Red Food coloring, not optional but use sparingly :)
1. In a separate bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt: sift together well.
2. Set bowl aside.
3. In a second bowl. cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until each is mixed in. Add vanilla extract and sour cream beating until combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined. Divide dough, which will be a little sticky, into 2 sections.
5. Push down into rectangles about 1½ inches thick, then wrap with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
7. Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
8. Lightly flour the counter. With a floured rolling pin, lightly roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick.
9. Using cookie cutters, cut and place on baking sheets.
10. Bake for 7 minutes, until cookies are finely golden at edges.
11. Transfer right way from cookie sheets to a rack to cool.
12. Cool cookies completely before frosting.
13. Using cookie cutters, cut and place on baking sheets.
14. Bake for 7 minutes, until cookies are finely golden at edges.
15. Transfer right way from cookie sheets to a rack to cool.
16. Cool cookies completely before frosting.
17. In a separate bowl cream together the butter and vanilla extract.
18. Beat in powdered sugar and pinch of in a separate bowl cream together the butter and vanilla extract.
19. Beat in powdered sugar and pinch of salt.
20. Add in heavy cream and beat at medium speed for a minute or two until fluffy.
21. Add red food coloring, one drop at a time, and beat until combined until you see pink. Rule: One drop of red food coloring at a time. Frost completely cooled cookies. Allow frosting to set.
Creative Slow Cooker Meals: Use Two Slow Cookers for Tasty and Easy Meals by Cheryl Moeller Click here